In a new Kickstarter campaign, filmmakers David Alvarado and Jason Sussberg seek to turn every ’90s kid’s favorite TV show, Bill Nye The Science Guy, into a film. The Bill Nye Film was inspired, of course, by The Science Guy himself. “Bill’s show played a huge role in our desire to explore science and technology in our work,” Alvarado and Sussberg explain in their Kickstarter video.
“Bill is about to take off his ‘Science Guy’ lab coat and battle the naysayers to create a more scientifically literate and engaged universe,” the filmmakers write. “We’re going to make a film about it. A film for science. A film for the cosmos. The full access, exclusive film about Bill Nye.”
The best part? As the phrase “full access, exclusive” implies, Nye is completely involved — even with this Kickstarter campaign. He features prominently in the video: “You need money,” he tells them. “What — are you going to go to like, Big Oil? Or the creationists?” Prizes for donating include a set of Bill Nye-themed emojis, a PDF of Bill’s handwritten notes from his debate with creationist Ken Hamm, and dog bow ties.
As Nye says, “With this, we could… dare I say it? Change the world!”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow