The Trump International Golf Club Puerto Rico, which bears the name of Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump, has filed for bankruptcy.
Coco Beach Golf & Country Club S.E. filed the petition Monday, listing $9.2 million in assets but approximately $78 million in debt, Bloomberg reports.
The resort opened in 2004 but was renamed after Trump following the licensing of his name in 2008. Trump International Golf Club Puerto Rico is not actually listed on Trump’s website as one of his many golf properties.
A representative for Trump did not respond immediately to Bloomberg’s request for comment.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.