LONDON — Britain’s Prince William started his new job as an air ambulance pilot on Monday.
William, whose title is the Duke of Cambridge, will donate his salary from the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) to charity.
He will be tasked with flying victims of car crashes and people suffering heart attacks to the hospital. Regular landing areas for the team include private gardens, parking lots, beaches and roadsides.
“We’re looking forward to him being part of the team,” EAAA chief executive Patrick Peal said when William’s role was announced. “It is a very close-knit crew with the pilot operating…
Read next: Meet Princess Charlotte’s Godparents
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World