German media are reporting a mass shooting near the city of Ansbach in southern Germany.
The gunman first shot and killed an 82-year-old woman in the Tiefenthal district at about 11.30am, and then shortly after shot dead a cyclist in nearby town Rammersdorf. He shot at at least two others, but hit neither.
Police say the gunman was arrested at a gas station in Bad Windsheim, about 20 miles away from the shootings. Gas station employees managed to surround the gunman and tie him up with cable ties.
The station has been cordoned off while authorities check there are no explosives in the vehicle, according to the local Nurnberger Zeitung newspaper.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization