No wonder Tiki the black labrador wasn’t feeling well. The dog went in for surgery after a scan showed an unusual mass in her stomach—which turned out to be more than a week’s worth of underwear, among other household items.
Tiki’s veterinarian in Pennsylvania, Dr. Hisham Ibrahim, went in for exploratory surgery, “And I found this hair band attached to another hair band to another one to another one and to other things again,” he told Pittsburgh Action News 4.
In all, the surgery removed four rubber bands, a Band-Aid, eight pairs of underwear and 62 hair bands from Tiki’s stomach. Ibrahim said Tiki has recovered well from the surgery.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State