The Halo Channel app is Microsoft’s portal to all things Halo, from news and community activities to video vignettes like The Sprint and The Bulletin. It’s been available since last year, but only on Xbox One, Windows PCs and Windows tablets, which in today’s app-verse means it’s been living on something like a backwater planet.
That changes now: Microsoft just rolled out iOS and Android versions of its Halo-filled portal, and says a Windows Phone version should be available by the time Windows 10 arrives on July 29.
What’s more, if you download the app and watch a video–any will suffice–you’ll unlock a “unique Promotional REQ pack,” which includes an emblem for use in Halo 5: Guardians when the game ships on October 27.
The app’s not showing up in Apple App Store searches yet, so I haven’t been able to fiddle with it, but here’s hoping these new versions fare better than the Xbox One implementation, afflicted with bouts of hair-tearing sluggishness.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma