Police in Lake Elsinore, Calif., are looking into Ariana Grande’s doughnut-licking video, the Associated Press reports.
They’ve teamed up with public-health officials from Riverside County to investigate the incident, which allegedly took place at Wolfee Donuts, a doughnut shop in Southern California.
In a video leaked by TMZ, Grande and a male friend appear to lick a few doughnuts sitting on a tray on the store’s counter.
She later apologized for saying that she hated America in the video but didn’t say anything about licking the doughnuts.
Cashier Mayra Solis, who was working when Grande came into the doughnut shop, told AP that Grande didn’t buy any of the doughnuts that she appeared to lick. “She was really rude,” Solis told the Associated Press.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time