Police in Lake Elsinore, Calif., are looking into Ariana Grande’s doughnut-licking video, the Associated Press reports.
They’ve teamed up with public-health officials from Riverside County to investigate the incident, which allegedly took place at Wolfee Donuts, a doughnut shop in Southern California.
In a video leaked by TMZ, Grande and a male friend appear to lick a few doughnuts sitting on a tray on the store’s counter.
She later apologized for saying that she hated America in the video but didn’t say anything about licking the doughnuts.
Cashier Mayra Solis, who was working when Grande came into the doughnut shop, told AP that Grande didn’t buy any of the doughnuts that she appeared to lick. “She was really rude,” Solis told the Associated Press.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve