The upcoming Goosebumps movie isn’t an adaptation of one of the wildly popular children’s horror books by R.L. Stine, but a movie about the books themselves—with a fantastical twist.
Jack Black stars as an exaggerated version of the author who keeps the monsters and ghosts he writes about locked up in his Goosebump manuscripts. When new next-door neighbor Zach (Dylan Minnette) accidentally releases the beasts from their binding, he and his friends have to use their knowledge of the books to re-capture them.
See the just-released trailer, above, and catch the film just in time for Halloween when it opens Oct. 16.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.