Reports are coming from Twitter that trading has been unexpectedly halted on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
In an immediate and brief statement, NYSE confirmed, “NYSE/NYSE MKT has temporarily suspended trading in all symbols. Additional information will follow as soon as possible.”
Early indications are that a computer problem or glitch is the cause. Coincidentally, United Airlines had to ground all flights for an hour this morning due to computer issues as well.
This is a developing story. Please check back for further updates.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out