Reports are coming from Twitter that trading has been unexpectedly halted on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
In an immediate and brief statement, NYSE confirmed, “NYSE/NYSE MKT has temporarily suspended trading in all symbols. Additional information will follow as soon as possible.”
Early indications are that a computer problem or glitch is the cause. Coincidentally, United Airlines had to ground all flights for an hour this morning due to computer issues as well.
This is a developing story. Please check back for further updates.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy