With the fairytale business continuing to boom in Hollywood, Disney has revealed plans to continue the run with a new live-action feature focusing on none other than Prince Charming.
EW has confirmed that Disney has picked up a script by Matt Fogel described as a revisionist take centering on a handsome prince (it’s unclear whether the character in question is an updated rendition of the animated royal from classics such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs or Cinderella). David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are set to produce along with Tripp Vinson.
The project was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.
Disney, of course, enjoyed success earlier this year with director Kenneth Branagh’s update of Cinderella, which featured Game of Thrones’ actor Richard Madden in the Charming role opposite Lily James fair lady. The studio is currently in production on a live-action rendition of Beauty and the Beast, directed by Bill Condon and starring Emma Watson as Belle and Dan Stevens as her beastly counterpart.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time