Devon Staples, 22, formerly worked at Disney World in Orlando, dressing up as the characters Gaston (from Beauty and the Beast) and Goofy, the Hollywood Reporter writes.
Devon, whose death is the first related to fireworks in Maine since a prior ban was lifted two years ago, was “not the kind of person who would do something stupid,” his brother, Cody Staples, told the New York Daily News. “He was the kind of person who would pretend to do something stupid to make people laugh.”
In a YouTube video of Devon that resurfaced on July 6, he preens and peacocks as the arrogant Gaston, charming a group of girls with patter about Belle and the Beast. “You’re speechless, I know,” he says of his own good looks, as he poses for photos with them.
It was that love of making people laugh that brought Devon to Orlando. “Anyone who would want to give a tribute to Devon should go out and do something nice for someone,” Cody said. “Show some love to someone you don’t know. That kid was all about showing people love.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow