After scoring a hat-trick in the World Cup finals on Sunday and leading her team to victory, soccer superstar Carli Lloyd celebrated along with the rest of the American team.
In an image shared on Instagram, the U.S. team can be seen in the locker room popping bottles and cheering proudly—with Lloyd and the trophy front and centre.
As a caption to the post, Lloyd wrote: “No words to describe how happy I am right now! We did!! So proud of everyone on this team!”
The U.S. team beat defending champs Japan 5-2 in the final game in Vancouver, British Columbia, marking the first American World Cup win since 1999.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time