Charlotte, 2 months, was set to be christened at Sandringham’s St. Mary Magdalene church (the same church where her late grandmother Princess Diana was christened) on Sunday, but amid all the preparations, the list of godparents was kept under wraps leading up to the big day.
Read on to learn more about the godparents, who were announced a few hours ahead of Charlotte’s official christening.
Tom van Straubenzee: Overlooked last time, he and fellow Prince William pal James Meade were key ushers at William and Kate’s 2011 wedding, conducting the fun speech that was a foil to Harry’s more straightforward toast. (The buddies also did a “double act” show at William’s 21st birthday party bash at Windsor Castle.) Van Straubenzee, who is married to Melissa Percy – her parents own the Northumberland estate that doubled as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films – attended Ludgrove prep school with Prince William.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now