Google has brought out a set of lawn chairs — and a couple of pets — for its doodle celebrating Independence Day.
The artist, San Francisco-based Brian Kaas, explained the illustration was inspired by his own memories of July 4 block parties. “I spent a lot of my summers sitting on a lawn chair with my neighbors, friends and family,” he said. “When we would get up, the neighborhood pets would often steal our seats.”
Google’s previous July 4 doodles have featured a lot of red white and blue — but this year the Stars and Stripes just put in a cameo, with two small flags sitting in a vase next to a jug of lemonade.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate