Google has brought out a set of lawn chairs — and a couple of pets — for its doodle celebrating Independence Day.
The artist, San Francisco-based Brian Kaas, explained the illustration was inspired by his own memories of July 4 block parties. “I spent a lot of my summers sitting on a lawn chair with my neighbors, friends and family,” he said. “When we would get up, the neighborhood pets would often steal our seats.”
Google’s previous July 4 doodles have featured a lot of red white and blue — but this year the Stars and Stripes just put in a cameo, with two small flags sitting in a vase next to a jug of lemonade.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working