What may well be one of the most miserly sandwiches ever served has gained viral fame around the world after a Reddit user posted a photo of the paltry offering he says he bought from the chain EAT at Edinburgh Airport for the equivalent of $5.
“This is what a £3.20 bacon and egg roll from Edinburgh Airport looks like,” user spambox wrote on June 30, of a miserable offering that contained hardly any filling. There doesn’t even seem to be any butter on the bread.
“Sadly on this occasion we fell below the mark and offer our apologies to this customer,” a spokesman for Edinburgh Airport told the Scotsman newspaper. “Clearly this is not the service we should be providing and we will be addressing this complaint with EAT.”
Still, spambox took a positive view of the experience, writing, “As soon as I opened it I burst out laughing as did my girlfriend because, well, look at it. It’s so bad it’s funny.”
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement