But if you end up ditching the service after the trial ends, you should make sure you’re not billed $9.99 under Apple Music’s default automatic renewal. (Remember: anyone with an Apple ID had to link up a valid credit card or other payment option.)
Here’s how to make sure you don’t accidentally cost yourself some cash, as WIRED points out:
- Once you’re in the Apple Music app, tap on the human head icon to enter your profile.
- Tap on View Apple ID and log in.
- Tap on Manage, which is under Subscriptions.
- Tap Your Membership, and then Your Apple Membership.
- Now you’ll see Automatic Renewal. Switch this to off to cancel your subscription.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving