But if you end up ditching the service after the trial ends, you should make sure you’re not billed $9.99 under Apple Music’s default automatic renewal. (Remember: anyone with an Apple ID had to link up a valid credit card or other payment option.)
Here’s how to make sure you don’t accidentally cost yourself some cash, as WIRED points out:
- Once you’re in the Apple Music app, tap on the human head icon to enter your profile.
- Tap on View Apple ID and log in.
- Tap on Manage, which is under Subscriptions.
- Tap Your Membership, and then Your Apple Membership.
- Now you’ll see Automatic Renewal. Switch this to off to cancel your subscription.