Siri is generally pretty polite when you ask her reasonable questions such as, “Where is the nearest coffee shop,” but ask her a puzzler, like “What’s zero divided by zero,” and Apple’s digital assistant gets a bit feisty.
“Imagine that you have zero cookies, and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense,” Siri responds.
It gets harsher: “And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies,” she continues. “And you are sad that you have no friends.”
The response only seems to be working for iPhone users who have upgraded to iOS 8. But those who have are very excited to discover this new, sassier side to Siri. Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, who loves a good prank, spread the word via his Twitter.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow