Siri is generally pretty polite when you ask her reasonable questions such as, “Where is the nearest coffee shop,” but ask her a puzzler, like “What’s zero divided by zero,” and Apple’s digital assistant gets a bit feisty.
“Imagine that you have zero cookies, and you split them evenly among zero friends. How many cookies does each person get? See? It doesn’t make sense,” Siri responds.
It gets harsher: “And Cookie Monster is sad that there are no cookies,” she continues. “And you are sad that you have no friends.”
The response only seems to be working for iPhone users who have upgraded to iOS 8. But those who have are very excited to discover this new, sassier side to Siri. Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul, who loves a good prank, spread the word via his Twitter.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time