Game of Thrones’ Khaleesi may be able to fly dragons, but the actress who plays her has an even more formidable talent. Emilia Clarke showed off her Valley Girl accent on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Monday night, and it was pretty much spot on.
The British star told Kimmel that she adopted the accent while shopping for an air conditioning unit at 3 a.m. in a New Orleans Home Depot while filming Terminator: Genisys so as not to be recognized. Clarke learned to talk like a Valley Girl from—what else?—Clueless, which will celebrate its 20th anniversary on July 19.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022