Game of Thrones’ Khaleesi may be able to fly dragons, but the actress who plays her has an even more formidable talent. Emilia Clarke showed off her Valley Girl accent on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Monday night, and it was pretty much spot on.
The British star told Kimmel that she adopted the accent while shopping for an air conditioning unit at 3 a.m. in a New Orleans Home Depot while filming Terminator: Genisys so as not to be recognized. Clarke learned to talk like a Valley Girl from—what else?—Clueless, which will celebrate its 20th anniversary on July 19.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow