Game of Thrones’ Khaleesi may be able to fly dragons, but the actress who plays her has an even more formidable talent. Emilia Clarke showed off her Valley Girl accent on Jimmy Kimmel Live! Monday night, and it was pretty much spot on.
The British star told Kimmel that she adopted the accent while shopping for an air conditioning unit at 3 a.m. in a New Orleans Home Depot while filming Terminator: Genisys so as not to be recognized. Clarke learned to talk like a Valley Girl from—what else?—Clueless, which will celebrate its 20th anniversary on July 19.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization