City dwellers will have a new reason to try out Apple Maps when Apple releases iOS 9 this fall.
Apple Maps will add a feature that tells users which exit they should take when leaving the subway or train station, Business Insider reports. It’s a subtle feature, but it could help travelers avoid getting off the subway on the wrong side of the street. It’s also a feature that’s not available on rival service Google Maps, which Apple users are forgoing more and more for the native Apple Maps.
Google Maps has long boasted a robust public transit guide, but it’s clear that Apple Maps is now trying catch up with its competition. Other features coming to Apple Maps on iOS 9 include Siri and Apple Watch functionality.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time