Jack Evans, 85, and George Harris, 82, waited over half a century for this moment.
The men, together for 54 years, were the first same-sex couple to wed today in Dallas County.
Their nuptials came just hours after the Supreme Court’s landmark decision enabling gay couples to marry in all 50 states.
Evans tells PEOPLE of his wedding day: “You would have been blown away by the crowd there, there must have been 450 people there, people waiting to get married, reporters. It was amazing. Just amazing.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time