In a historic ruling Friday, the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide by declaring unconstitutional all state bans on same-sex marriage.
Click the map button below to watch how same-sex legislation has changed in the United States since Vermont legalized civil unions in 2000, followed closely by Massachusetts first legalizing same-sex marriage eleven years ago in 2004.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer