In a historic ruling Friday, the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide by declaring unconstitutional all state bans on same-sex marriage.
Click the map button below to watch how same-sex legislation has changed in the United States since Vermont legalized civil unions in 2000, followed closely by Massachusetts first legalizing same-sex marriage eleven years ago in 2004.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time