The Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in favor of legalizing gay marriage for all 50 states, the District of Columbia today, and U.S territories. And some of the biggest companies across the country are weighing in on the matter on social media. Here are a few:
Tim Cook, Apple CEO:
Ben & Jerry’s:
Meanwhile, the economic impact of same-sex marriage legalization is estimated in the billions over the next few years.
“There are 1.4 million LGBT business owners are the country – imagine how many more will come out now that the tide of equality has risen so hight,” a National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce spokesperson told Fortune in a statement. “But marriage is not the finish line; it’s the starting pistol. The 2014 buying power of LGBT America is $880 billion — the community’s loyalty can’t be overestimated.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow