The Supreme Court ruled Friday that all 50 states must allow same-sex couples to be married, and recognize same-sex marriages in states where it was legalized already.
Here are a series of charts that show how approval ratings for same-sex marriage have changed over recent years for different groups.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time