Seven years after her mother’s failed bid for vice president and one month after breaking off an engagement, Bristol Palin has announced she is pregnant with her second child.
Her previous pregnancy with son Tripp made headlines during Sarah Palin’s campaign with John McCain. Palin, then 17, got engaged to Tripp’s father, Levi Johnston, but they never married.
She announced her new pregnancy on her blog, writing, “Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one…I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.” She said she was sharing the news much sooner than she had hoped, “due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about.”
Just last month, Palin and her new fiancé Dakota Meyer called off their engagement. She has not said whether he is the father, and asked for privacy for herself and Tripp during this time. “I do not want any lectures,” she wrote, “and I do not want any sympathy.”
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms