Seven years after her mother’s failed bid for vice president and one month after breaking off an engagement, Bristol Palin has announced she is pregnant with her second child.
Her previous pregnancy with son Tripp made headlines during Sarah Palin’s campaign with John McCain. Palin, then 17, got engaged to Tripp’s father, Levi Johnston, but they never married.
She announced her new pregnancy on her blog, writing, “Honestly, I’ve been trying my hardest to keep my chin up on this one…I know this has been, and will be, a huge disappointment to my family, to my close friends, and to many of you.” She said she was sharing the news much sooner than she had hoped, “due to the constant trolls who have nothing better to talk about.”
Just last month, Palin and her new fiancé Dakota Meyer called off their engagement. She has not said whether he is the father, and asked for privacy for herself and Tripp during this time. “I do not want any lectures,” she wrote, “and I do not want any sympathy.”
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time