Home rental service Airbnb wants to help its users become homebuyers. The company announced a partnership with Realtor.com, a website that lists real estate, so that homebuyers can check out the neighborhood ahead of putting down any cash on a place.
“Our relationship with Airbnb—a company that helps millions of people feel at home in communities around the world—allows us to reduce some of the unknown factors associated with relocating to a new community,” according to Ryan O’Hara, CEO of Realtor.com’s parent company Move, in a statement.
With the partnership, Airbnb users can click on a Realtor.com listing and get an option to book a place through the service in the neighborhood, USA Today reported.
“As we offer a variety of unique accommodations in neighborhoods across the country, we’ll be able to allow potential homeowners the special opportunity to experience those neighborhoods as if they already live there – before making the decision to buy,” according to Airbnb’s Chip Conley.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve