You probably know Annie Golden as Orange Is the New Black‘s silent inmate Norma, who became something of a religious figure in the show’s latest season. But Golden is so much more than: she’s an accomplished film and stage actress and, we now know, a former punk rocker.
Back in the 70s, Golden was the lead singer for a New York City punk band called The Shirts. This is what she looked like:
Here’s Golden in action, performing a tune called “Teenage Crutch” with The Shirts:
Oh, Norma. You contain such multitudes.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow