A model took it upon himself to step out in protest of the German Chancellor on the runway of a recent Rick Owens fashion show in Paris.
The model known simply as Jera, according to Women’s Wear Daily, revealed a piece of cloth emblazoned with the words “PLEASE KILL ANGELA MERKEL” above the word “NOT” during Owens’ menswear show on Thursday. Owens said after the show he had nothing to do with the protest and that Jera was “a crazy, rogue, fu-king model that I punched when he came back out.” He added: “Please say that I punched him.”
The designer’s press office later released an official statement, saying: “Rick Owens does not claim responsibility for the act of protest by a model at the Spring Summer 2016 show. This was an independent statement and does not reflect the opinion of the house of Rick Owens.”
Owens’ camp has unsuccessfully asked that images of the protest be blurred or deleted.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization