A model took it upon himself to step out in protest of the German Chancellor on the runway of a recent Rick Owens fashion show in Paris.
The model known simply as Jera, according to Women’s Wear Daily, revealed a piece of cloth emblazoned with the words “PLEASE KILL ANGELA MERKEL” above the word “NOT” during Owens’ menswear show on Thursday. Owens said after the show he had nothing to do with the protest and that Jera was “a crazy, rogue, fu-king model that I punched when he came back out.” He added: “Please say that I punched him.”
The designer’s press office later released an official statement, saying: “Rick Owens does not claim responsibility for the act of protest by a model at the Spring Summer 2016 show. This was an independent statement and does not reflect the opinion of the house of Rick Owens.”
Owens’ camp has unsuccessfully asked that images of the protest be blurred or deleted.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve