After the runaway success of Furious 7, an eighth movie in the Fast & Furious series already has an April 14, 2017 release date. Vin Diesel is on board for Furious 8, but we can also expect at least one villain to make an appearance: Jason Statham’s Deckard Shaw.
“We’re already talking about doing another one, part eight,” Statham told Access Hollywood. “I’m a newcomer. I just got invited to the party in this last one, so it’s nice to know I’m going to be doing another.”
Statham and his Furious 7 costars were at Universal Studios Hollywood for the debut of the new “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” ride, which opened to the public on Wednesday. When pressed for plot details about Furious 8, Statham said he couldn’t reveal anything, but he teased: “There is some great stuff that I already know about.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time