After the runaway success of Furious 7, an eighth movie in the Fast & Furious series already has an April 14, 2017 release date. Vin Diesel is on board for Furious 8, but we can also expect at least one villain to make an appearance: Jason Statham’s Deckard Shaw.
“We’re already talking about doing another one, part eight,” Statham told Access Hollywood. “I’m a newcomer. I just got invited to the party in this last one, so it’s nice to know I’m going to be doing another.”
Statham and his Furious 7 costars were at Universal Studios Hollywood for the debut of the new “Fast & Furious—Supercharged” ride, which opened to the public on Wednesday. When pressed for plot details about Furious 8, Statham said he couldn’t reveal anything, but he teased: “There is some great stuff that I already know about.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow