On the latest episode of Inside Amy Schumer, we were treated to this fake trailer for a movie called Princess Amy, which stars Schumer as a “rancid peasant girl” who learns that she’s actually royalty.
Princess Amy thinks her life is going to become totally perfect and wonderful, but she soon learns that being a Disney-style princess isn’t as great as so many young girls think it is. For example: she is forced to marry her weird, creepy cousin. She’s only 14. Her one job is to produce male heirs. When that doesn’t happen, well, there are extreme consequences.
Maybe it’s finally time for girls to grow up dreaming about becoming lawyers or PR professionals instead.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time