On the latest episode of Inside Amy Schumer, we were treated to this fake trailer for a movie called Princess Amy, which stars Schumer as a “rancid peasant girl” who learns that she’s actually royalty.
Princess Amy thinks her life is going to become totally perfect and wonderful, but she soon learns that being a Disney-style princess isn’t as great as so many young girls think it is. For example: she is forced to marry her weird, creepy cousin. She’s only 14. Her one job is to produce male heirs. When that doesn’t happen, well, there are extreme consequences.
Maybe it’s finally time for girls to grow up dreaming about becoming lawyers or PR professionals instead.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science