On the latest episode of Inside Amy Schumer, we were treated to this fake trailer for a movie called Princess Amy, which stars Schumer as a “rancid peasant girl” who learns that she’s actually royalty.
Princess Amy thinks her life is going to become totally perfect and wonderful, but she soon learns that being a Disney-style princess isn’t as great as so many young girls think it is. For example: she is forced to marry her weird, creepy cousin. She’s only 14. Her one job is to produce male heirs. When that doesn’t happen, well, there are extreme consequences.
Maybe it’s finally time for girls to grow up dreaming about becoming lawyers or PR professionals instead.
Read next: Why It Matters That Inside Out’s Protagonist Is a Girl — Not a Princess
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement