Who dreamed the biggest dream?
Susan Boyle’s I Dreamed a Dream (2009), which sold more than 700,000 copies its first week, was the biggest debut album by any female solo artist in the SoundScan era
Who is America’s youngest female billionaire?
At 31, Elizabeth Holmes, the founder of blood-diagnostics company Theranos, is worth $4.6 billion
Who are we watching on YouTube?
Swedish gamer Felix Kjellberg’s YouTube channel, PewDiePie, has 37 million subscribers, the most of any user
Who has recorded the most?
Indian singer Asha Bhosle, 81, is the world’s most recorded artist, with about 11,000 solo, duet and chorus-backed songs since 1947
Who is leading the next generation of LGBT activists?
Fourteen-year-old transgender activist Jazz Jennings, whose TLC series debuts this summer, is the youngest person ever to be named to the Out 100 and the Advocate’s 40 Under 40 list
Who is the world’s most popular astrophysicist?
Neil deGrasse Tyson’s 3.7 million Twitter followers eclipse those of all other scientists
SOURCES: NIELSEN SOUNDSCAN; FORBES; YOUTUBE; GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS; OUT; THE ADVOCATE; TWITTER
This appears in the July 06, 2015 issue of TIME.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow