Last month, the popular beauty blogger known as NikkieTutorials shared a video about the “power of makeup.” She said many people shame women who love makeup, claiming that they’re only wearing it to impress men or hide their insecurities.
In response to these critics, Nikkie decided to make one half of her face “full-on flame” and leave the other half “raw, unedited, nothing, me.”
Since then, other women have been inspired to share their love for makeup by posting similar photos of their own half made-up faces. They’ve mostly been sharing their selfies on Instagram, with the hashtag #ThePowerOfMakeup, along with personal reasons for loving mascara, lipstick, foundation and more:
PHOTOS: See the Same Woman Photoshopped in Different Countries
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com