Police arrested “Hustlin'” rapper Rick Ross and his bodyguard on charges of kidnapping and aggravated battery Wednesday in Fayetville, Ga.
Ross, 39, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, and 42-year-old bodyguard Nadrian Lateef James were arrested “without incident” following an investigation into an alleged early June assault, according to Fayette County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Allen Stevens.
Ross, the founder of Maybach Music Group, was also charged with aggravated assault, the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports. Ross allegedly got into a fight with and pistol-whipped someone working on his home.
Ross’ record label did not immediately respond to reporters’ request for comment.
It’s not the first arrest for Ross. Earlier this month, he was arrested on a misdemeanor marijuana charge. He was also arrested on marijuana charges in North Carolina in 2013, Louisiana in 2011 and Miami in 2008.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma