Anthony Geary is saying goodbye to General Hospital after almost 40 years on the soap opera.
Though his final episode won’t air until later this summer, the 68-year-old actor, who has played Luke Spencer since 1978, recently filmed his last scene with the show and spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his departure.
“I’m excited to raise the curtain on act 3, to reinvent myself in my new home to pursue whatever opportunity there may be. It’s an exciting prospect to me,” the eight-time Emmy winner told the magazine. “They’ve done a wonderful job of wrapping up the character. So this seems like the ideal time to go.”
The actor got choked up as past and present cast members showed up to set to say goodbye and pay tribute. See video footage of his last day over at EW.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time