Anthony Geary is saying goodbye to General Hospital after almost 40 years on the soap opera.
Though his final episode won’t air until later this summer, the 68-year-old actor, who has played Luke Spencer since 1978, recently filmed his last scene with the show and spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his departure.
“I’m excited to raise the curtain on act 3, to reinvent myself in my new home to pursue whatever opportunity there may be. It’s an exciting prospect to me,” the eight-time Emmy winner told the magazine. “They’ve done a wonderful job of wrapping up the character. So this seems like the ideal time to go.”
The actor got choked up as past and present cast members showed up to set to say goodbye and pay tribute. See video footage of his last day over at EW.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer