Anthony Geary is saying goodbye to General Hospital after almost 40 years on the soap opera.
Though his final episode won’t air until later this summer, the 68-year-old actor, who has played Luke Spencer since 1978, recently filmed his last scene with the show and spoke with Entertainment Weekly about his departure.
“I’m excited to raise the curtain on act 3, to reinvent myself in my new home to pursue whatever opportunity there may be. It’s an exciting prospect to me,” the eight-time Emmy winner told the magazine. “They’ve done a wonderful job of wrapping up the character. So this seems like the ideal time to go.”
The actor got choked up as past and present cast members showed up to set to say goodbye and pay tribute. See video footage of his last day over at EW.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive