Nickelback, who canceled shows over the weekend, have officially scrapped the remainder of their No Fixed Address North American tour. Lead vocalist Chad Kroeger will undergo surgery for an operable cyst on his voice box during the time the tour was scheduled to take place.
“I am sorry I have to interrupt the party this summer,” Kroeger said in a statement, “and I am definitely not thrilled with the prospect of being silent for many weeks to come when I could be out there playing for our fans.”
Kroeger’s doctors ordered vocal rest for the singer and expect him to make a full recovery in time for Nickelback to resume the European leg of their tour on Sept. 30. Fans with tickets to the canceled shows will receive refunds.
The band also released a video on Twitter announcing the news.
- Inside the Death of a Rural Daycare
- Exclusive: Inside Ukraine’s Secret Effort to Train Pilots for U.S. Fighter Jets
- TIME’s First Interview in the Metaverse: How a Filmmaker Made a Movie and Fell in Love in VR
- How The Inflation Reduction Act Will Spur a New Climate Tech Ecosystem
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- Social Media Companies Like TikTok Hope to Fight Election Misinformation. Experts Say Their Plans Aren’t Enough
- How I Got My Students to Stop Staring at Screens
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma