For the luxury consignment marketplace The RealReal, fake designer bags are a big deal. To weed out the counterfeits from the authentic goods, they employ a “team of luxury experts,” led by Graham Wetzbartger, the Director of Authentication.
In the above video from Fortune.com, Wetzbartger examines two similar totes, both allegedly Hermes, and explains what their team looks for during the authentication process. Watch to learn a few crucial tips for telling the leather from the pleather. This may not be an everyday skill, but it doesn’t hurt to be fully equipped for whatever bag situations could come your way.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022