With increasing frequency, many cooks have been throwing caution to the wind and sneaking vegetables into classic recipes.
First people started using portobello mushrooms as hamburger bun stand-ins. Next, it was “zoodles” replacing spaghetti with zucchini noodles. Now, this summer, recipes for the perfect cauliflower pizza crust have been taking Pinterest boards and recipe exchanges by storm.
Perhaps parents of picky eaters are searching for a way to hide servings of veggies in their children’s food. Perhaps those with wheat intolerance are looking for a gluten-free recipe they can make at home. Perhaps pizza enthusiasts are eager for a low-carb alternative. Or perhaps everyone is just curious.
For whatever the reason, the lighter alternative to pizza dough is captivating both hearts and minds. Believers can watch the video above to learn how to make the crust; non-believers can witness proof that cauliflower can indeed become a pizza. You can find this and many more at MyRecipes.com.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List