Fox has officially named the Independence Day sequel Independence Day Resurgence and released the first photos from the set.
Jeff Goldblum, Liam Hemsworth and Vivica A. Fox have all been cast in the sequel to the 1996 blockbuster, though star Will Smith will not return. It is set to be released in 2016, nearly 20 years after the original broke box office records for the biggest opening of all time. (The Lost World: Jurassic Park broke that record one year later, extra incentive for Independence Day Resurgence to try to steal Jurassic World‘s new box office milestone.)
The first image is of a “Moon Tug,” a forklift Liam Hemsworth’s character operates on the moon.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023