If you’re under 35 and looking for a job, you might want to check out this new Fortune ranking of the Best Workplaces for Millennials.
The list, in partnership with researcher Great Place to Work, examines the 100 companies that earned the highest marks in a survey of employees under the age of 35. Many of the companies that earned a spot are the ones you’d expect: tech giants like Google, Salesforce, and SAS; smaller, hot tech companies like Yelp and Squarespace; and hotel chains like Kimpton and Hyatt. But the overall No. 1 might surprise you: Power Home Remodeling Group.
The small contractor started with three small regional offices on the east coast—then two ambitious millennials who joined the company right out of college encouraged expansion. They consolidated the three offices into one headquarters in 2007, then began rapidly opening new offices across the country.
Now those two men, Asher Raphael and Corey Schiller, are the CEOs of the company. And they’ve turned it into a haven for young go-getters that appreciate a performance-driven culture, team spirit and mentoring. The construction business may not be the most sexy industry, but Raphael and Schiller have made it their mission to get top young talent on board.
Read Fortune‘s profile of the company for more.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate