Darryl Hamilton, a former Major League Baseball player and MLB analyst, and his girlfriend, Monica Jordan, were found dead on Sunday in Jordan’s home outside of Houston.
Hamilton, 50, appeared to have been shot multiple times, according to investigators. Jordan, 44, died from self-inflicted gun wounds. The two were parents of a 13-month-old boy, who was found unharmed in the home and has since been handed over to Child Protective Services.
Hamilton played in the MLB from 1988 to 2001, and was on four playoff teams, including the New York Mets, the Texas Rangers, the San Francisco Giants and the Milwaukee Brewers. In 2013, he joined the MLB Network as an analyst.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now