Darryl Hamilton, a former Major League Baseball player and MLB analyst, and his girlfriend, Monica Jordan, were found dead on Sunday in Jordan’s home outside of Houston.
Hamilton, 50, appeared to have been shot multiple times, according to investigators. Jordan, 44, died from self-inflicted gun wounds. The two were parents of a 13-month-old boy, who was found unharmed in the home and has since been handed over to Child Protective Services.
Hamilton played in the MLB from 1988 to 2001, and was on four playoff teams, including the New York Mets, the Texas Rangers, the San Francisco Giants and the Milwaukee Brewers. In 2013, he joined the MLB Network as an analyst.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving