Hail to the buff chief!
First Lady Michelle Obama celebrated Father’s Day on Sunday by sharing a throwback snap of a shirtless President Barack Obama playing on a beach with the couple’s two daughters, Malia, now 16, and Sasha, now 14.
“Thinking today and every day about the father of these two. Happy Father’s Day!,” Michelle, 51, wrote.
Barack, 53, has to spend Father’s Day away from his daughters as Michelle took the girls (and her mother, Marian Robinson, 77) with her on a tour of Europe. The group got to meet with Prince Harry in London before heading to Italy to promote Michelle’s Let Girls Learn initiative. The movement is focused on boosting adolescent girls’ education around the world. The group departed from Vicenza, Italy, on Sunday.
Barack, meanwhile, spent his Sunday in Palm Springs, California, where he hit up a golf course with a group of friends. The president is currently in California for a fundraising trip and to speak at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in San Francisco.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State