Jake Lloyd, the actor best known as young Anakin Skywalker in 1999’s Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, was arrested after a car chase in South Carolina on Wednesday.
Lloyd, 26, was charged with reckless driving and resisting arrest after leading Colleton County sheriff deputies on a chase that began in Charleston County, South Carolina, TMZ reported.
Officials told The Guardian that Lloyd led officers on a 25-mile chase and that he was hitting speeds of 100 miles per hour.
They said that the chase ended when Lloyd drove off into a wooded area and hit several small trees. The officers said that Lloyd gave them the name “Jake Broadbent.”
Call made to the Colleton County’s sheriff’s department were not immediately returned.
The former child star also played Arnold Schwarzenegger’s son in 1996’s Jingle All the Way, and before that had a recurring role in medical soap ER.
His last credited onscreen role was in 2005’s Madison, alongside Jim Caviezel and Mary McCormack.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate