Judy Nir Mozes Shalom, wife of Israeli Interior Minister Silvan Shalom, caused a stir on Twitter Sunday after sharing a controversial joke that many are calling racist.
“Do u know what Obama Coffee is? Black and weak,” wrote Shalom, whose husband is partially responsible for maintaining Israel’s good relationship with the U.S., Haaretz reports.
The post provoked an angry response before it was hastily deleted, with Twitter users accusing Shalom of being “racist” and doing “grievous damage” to foreign relations.
Shalom tweeted an apology shortly thereafter, saying the line was “a stupid joke somebody told me.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization