Mark Walhberg and Will Ferrell are trying to one-up each other in the “Best Dad” department – just in time for Father’s Day – in the first trailer for their upcoming film Daddy’s Home.
The comedy, which reunites the stars five years after their buddy-cop comedy The Other Guys, features Ferrell as Brad, a mild-mannered radio executive who’s always wanted to be a parent. He gets his wish when he marries a woman (Linda Cardellini) with two children, but bonding with them gets harder when their cooler, special-ops agent dad, Dusty (Wahlberg), comes back into the picture.
The fatherly feud begins mildly (Dusty offers the kids cash to distract from Brad’s bedtime cuddles) but things escalate quickly to ponies, puppies and an unfortunate incident with a Lakers cheerleader and a basketball. (That scene was filmed during an actual NBA game, and footage went viral earlier this year.)
Daddy’s Home opens on Christmas Day. Take a look at the trailer above.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror