A viral video on YouTube appears to show a German man cutting everything he and his wife own in half because they are splitting up.
In the clip, uploaded by the user “Der Juli,” a man saws a TV screen, wicker chair, iPhone, bed and even a car in half. The video’s description, written in German, roughly translates to: “Thank you for 12 ‘beautiful years,’ Laura! You’ve really earned half. Greetings also to my successor.”
Whether the video is real or an elaborate prank made with some skillful editing, it has gotten the internet’s attention, racking up more than 1.5 million views since it was posted on June 16.
An eBay page started by an account with the same name “der.juli” suggests that he is selling the split items online.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy