A viral video on YouTube appears to show a German man cutting everything he and his wife own in half because they are splitting up.
In the clip, uploaded by the user “Der Juli,” a man saws a TV screen, wicker chair, iPhone, bed and even a car in half. The video’s description, written in German, roughly translates to: “Thank you for 12 ‘beautiful years,’ Laura! You’ve really earned half. Greetings also to my successor.”
Whether the video is real or an elaborate prank made with some skillful editing, it has gotten the internet’s attention, racking up more than 1.5 million views since it was posted on June 16.
An eBay page started by an account with the same name “der.juli” suggests that he is selling the split items online.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time