We got one!
In the first photo, we see McCarthy hauling what appears to be the new “Ghost Trap” (or possibly a large computer hard drive), and Kate McKinnon in paint-splattered overalls and a pair of steam punk shades, looking like she just got back from a long weekend at Burning Man.
Shooting a separate scene, we see Wiig dressed in a scholarly plaid skirt and matching blazer – an outfit vaguely reminiscent of the traumatized librarian in the opening scene of the first film.
While we don’t know much about their roles, the ladies’ getups echo Dan Aykroyd’s recent comments that the new Ghostbusters are “just such different characters, and there’s a friction – there’s a dynamic there.”
As for whether we can expect any cameos from the original cast, director Paul Feig tells PEOPLE, “I know they are all happy about it but who knows, I’d love it but we’re figuring it out. We want to make it our own but also give nods to the fans of the movies.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time