1. How Baltimore’s vacant industrial buildings can spawn a new maker movement.
By Anthony Flint in CityLab
2. “How is it possible…not to think that we have witnessed a lynching?”
By David Remnick in the New Yorker
3. The in-house think tank for Congress costs taxpayers millions every year. Make its reports accessible to all.
By the editorial board of the New York Times
4. This game helps citizens understand the cost — and tradeoffs — of running a city.
By Jay Cassano in Fast Co.Exist
5. Can we afford to let Russia bail out Greece?
By David Francis in Foreign Policy
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now