Rachel Dolezal hasn’t made many fans since landing in the national news as a white woman who has passed herself off as African American. But Kelly Osbourne seems to be particularly turned off by the former NAACP official, registering outrage on social media over the deceit.
The former Fashion Police co-host posted a photo of Dolezal as a child and as a woman when the news first broke, writing, “This has utterly shocked me!!! It’s a #WholeNewLevelOfWrong.” Now, she has taken a photo of herself in a curly wig reminiscent of Dolezal’s hair, commenting, “#CallMeRachel #MyCasualLook.”
The post has attracted some criticism of Osbourne herself, since she quit Fashion Police after co-host Giuliana Rancic made insensitive remarks about Zendaya’s dreadlocks. Now, some fans have commented that that the post is hypocritical, with others defending her for making a point about race.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far