Judge Carlos Samour Jr. told prosecutors that they would be able to show to jurors a picture of the youngest victim of the Aurora shooting, Veronica Moser-Sullivan, if only for a few seconds.
Holmes is pleading not guilty by reason of insanity to the crime of killing 12 people and injuring 70 in a movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., on July 20, 2012.
According to the Post, Ashley Moser, who was in the theater with her daughter that night, will also be able to tell the jury that she miscarried as a consequence of the shooting.
Moser is now a quadriplegic as a result of the injuries she suffered, the Post said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com