Judge Carlos Samour Jr. told prosecutors that they would be able to show to jurors a picture of the youngest victim of the Aurora shooting, Veronica Moser-Sullivan, if only for a few seconds.
Holmes is pleading not guilty by reason of insanity to the crime of killing 12 people and injuring 70 in a movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., on July 20, 2012.
According to the Post, Ashley Moser, who was in the theater with her daughter that night, will also be able to tell the jury that she miscarried as a consequence of the shooting.
Moser is now a quadriplegic as a result of the injuries she suffered, the Post said.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating