Pope Francis released an encyclical Thursday which calls for action to curb climate change, which he says is caused by human activities.
The introduction to the papal letter, named Laudato Si’ or “Praise Be to You,” ends with a section called “My Appeal,” in which the pope personally calls for action.
Here is the text of that section:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving