Fashion Police is returning to E! in August, despite Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne’s exits from the show. And Joan Rivers’ daughter, Melissa Rivers, is set to co-host the series that once starred her late mother.
Variety reports the show will take on a new format in which two celebrity guests will join Giuliana Rancic, Brad Goreski and Rivers each episode, the first of which will air Aug. 31 with coverage of the MTV Video Music Awards.
Though the show is designed to make fun of celebrity’s clothing and styling, many fans thought it went too far last year when Rancic said that Disney actress Zendaya’s dreadlocked hairstyle “smells like patchouli oil” or “weed.” Critics, including Zendaya herself, called the comments racially insensitive, and Rancic subsequently apologized.
“There is plenty to make fun of in pop culture without bringing people’s bodies into it,” she wrote. “I do not want to use my comedy to contribute to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference.”
Fashion Police went on hiatus after Griffin’s departure, and the future of the show was in question. Melissa Rivers has acted as a producer on the program since its inception and is responsible for creating E!’s red carpet coverage with her mother.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer